top of page

June 20 2018 / CLA Board Meeting Minutes

Updated: Aug 23, 2018



JUNE 20, 2018

Board Members Present: Linda Rexford, Pat Wolters, Linda Lane, Betsy Ludwick, Dennis Arms, Bob Blauwkamp. Absent: Bruce Callen, Carl Elliott. Public attendees: Jodi Hyde; Paula Humphrey

  1. Called meeting to order at 7:08 p.m. at 2379 VanDyke, Conklin, Michigan.

  2. Agenda Approved. (Motion by Bob Blauwkamp; seconded by Betsy Ludwick). Motion carried.

  3. Public Comment of items not on the Agenda: None. All other items will be discussed at the rescheduled monthly Board meeting scheduled for June 27, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at the Callen Cottage. Notice this change was placed on the CLA Facebook page and the CLA Web page.

  4. Public Comment: None.

  5. Weed Treatment Petition. The Township’s draft petition was reviewed by the Board and changes were made as follows:

  • “Methods and processes that could be used pursuant to the Special Assessment District can include, but are not limited to, chemical and biological treatments, harvesting, aeration and removal of algae and aquatic plants (and other invasive species).”

  • Fifth paragraph: “…the Special Assessment District be valid for 20 years. We further request that the special assessments be calculated on a per property basis (i.e. one assessment per taxable lot or parcel). It is anticipated that the total cost per taxable lot or parcel will be between $12,000 and $19,000 for the first year of the assessment, between $10,500 and $16,500 the second year and between $11,000 and $17,000 for the third and subsequent years per taxable lakefront parcel, although such figures could change over time. The total cost each year cannot exceed more than 25% of the current year’s high assessment. …”

  • Linda Lane will make the changes, send an email to all Board members tomorrow (Thursday). All Board members are to review the changes and email Linda of their approval by Thursday at 5:00 p.m. If no corrections are needed, Linda will email the revised Petition to Jan Redding at the Township. She will have the Township attorney review the changes and let us know as soon as possible of his responses. Also included in the email to the Township will be the list of potential questions residents may ask and our answers to those questions. When the petition is approved, Jan will send Linda and Bruce the final version of the Petition. Linda will request the Township include a list of which residents are to be contacted and information of who the deedholders are for each property. This information is needed because if the property is jointly held, both signatures are required.

Meeting adjourned: 8:02 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Lane, Secretary


Os comentários foram desativados.
bottom of page